Target’s public sustainability commitments include a pledge to make it easy for people “to lead a more sustainable lifestyle by providing the right information.” The How2Recycle label helps Target give consumers clear, on-package recycling instructions and encourage participation in recycling programs.
- Provides a tangible way to put Target’s sustainability commitments into practice.
- Helps guide internal decisions about packaging material choices and design.
- Lends visibility to Target’s line of sustainable products.
- Helps expand Target’s goal of using resources responsibly and eliminating waste to their customers, as How2Recycle labeled packages are more likely to be properly recycled.
- Tying the implementation of the How2Recycle label to company strategies helps maintain focus and get buy-in.
- Collaboration from internal partners is key. Identify, involve and acknowledge internal leaders.
- The best time to incorporate the How2Recycle label into a brand is during the design planning phase.